Saturday 5 January 2013

Tara Returns to Work

Tara pregnant March 2012 DSC_0601

Well 2012 was certainly an eventful year for me, Tara (Head Keeper). I was last seen at Work in March, waddling up to the penguins carrying a big bump around with me, which was of course my beautiful daughter Amelie-Rose. Now 9 months on I have returned to work on a part time basis… minus the bump!
I must admit it was extremely difficult to leave the house without shedding a tear as Amelie waved goodbye saying ‘ba ba’, however once I arrived at the Park and got stuck in it was like I had never left!


Turkey close-up DSC_0384

I thoroughly enjoyed my first day back and seeing all the Animals I missed so much especially Dippy and Skipper, our friendly Humboldt Penguins, and welcoming new Keeper Jo, who has recently joined the Animal Care Team for the coming season.

I came away with only one injury and that was from one of our boisterous Turkeys, who I can only imagine is getting their own back after all the Christmas dinners enjoyed!


DSC_0899

 Needless to say I can’t wait for Amelie’s first visit and the chance for her to get so close to the Animals here at the Park and of course welcoming all our regular visitors back to the Park upon opening in March… A Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment