Thursday 10 December 2009

Tara is back!


After a tearful farewell to all the African Penguins, my new found friends, Wildlife and of course not forgetting....the sun, I returned safely back to the harsh reality of winter in England on Friday morning.

Where do I begin....it's surprising how much you can squeeze in in only six weeks!

Well firstly my time at SANCCOB has been such a valuable practical and personal expereince. The work that is done there is incredible, especially given the confined grounds in which the centre is located. The local volunteers are so dedicated in rehabilitating the sick, oiled or injured birds that arrive at the centre, and it gave me a real sense of pride and achievement to be actively involved in saving the African Penguin and other birds. Maybe the only thing that I won't miss is the lovely green oil skins that we wore!!












No comments:

Post a Comment